Skip to main content

Put Your Mouth Away

Things were quiet for a while this morning.

The boys are excited about this week's Valentine's Day party. Yesterday, we decorated our boxes and all night long I had visions of pink and red hearts dancing in my head.

Apparently, Grumpy's mind was on the party because he asked if we were going to bring Sneezy with us.

I said, "Of course, we are! What did you think we were going to do with him? Leave him home alone?"

He thought Doc was going to take them and I informed him that would not be possible since Doc works on Fridays and he would also feel a little out of place among a bunch of women.

Thus a very confusing argument started between Grumpy and Bashful as Bashful overheard our conversation. For some reason, they couldn't get their brain waves to cross and they continued to talk over each other about who is going and who couldn't go last year, etc., etc.

As I looked from one to the other, each not understanding the other, my brain was about to implode.

I yelled, "Be quiet, both of you!"

Silence.

"Grumpy, put your Math away and get out your Literature books. Bashful, continue with your Geography, please."

Silence. Then two seconds later...."Mom? Did you say, 'Put my mouth away?'"

Now that's a thought.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is funny!!! I am glad their excited, I am too. See you soon
Anonymous said…
sorry that should be "They're" excited. Ugh, english
Anonymous said…
Next year we are having a secret Valentine's party, and none of the kids are going to know until the day before, as I too am going nuts having to answer a billion and one questions about it!

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 20 Clean Romance Movies Of All Time

I'm really picky when it comes to romantic movies. I prefer them clean and it's really hard to find those kind of romance movies these days. Nowadays, romantic movies are chock full of butts, boobs, and beds. Just sayin'. I was bored one day and decided to google the top romance movies of all time. You have got to be kidding me. One list had Brokeback Mountain on it. Pulease. I was, in fact, so disgusted by all of the lists that I came across that I decided to make my own. I decided to call it The Top 16 Clean Romance Movies of All Time, well, because I couldn't think of anymore to make it an even top 20. Now, my list might be different from most people. I said I was picky. First, I don't like b***** women. That scratches out a whole pile of popular movies. One of them being Gone With The Wind. Does anyone besides me want to smack that woman? Second, I don't like it when the couple end up in bed together. Uh, I don't really need to know, thankyouverymuch. Th...

Pregnant vs. Just Plain Fat

Saturday, I had the opportunity to go to a Pampered Chef party at a friend's house. I was feeling particularly bubbly that day and it must have showed. As everyone tells me to say hi to my boys for them, the consultant asks, "How many boys do you have?" I said, "Four," and she asked, "And one on the way?" I gave her a blank stare. How in the world did she guess? I am only about a month along. As everyone congratulates me, I am still in shock. I hadn't planned on anyone knowing for at least two more months. As I'm driving home, I realize that it could have gone badly. What if I hadn't been pregnant? That led to more thinking and here's how it went: Those of you who don't even start showing until your fourth month- I hate you. Those of you who don't get the kind of morning sickness that lasts all day every day for four months- I hate you. Those of you who don't go through a nightmare of pain without medication during labor- I ...

Homecoming Queen

I was sitting in a McDonald's sipping on my drink surrounded by teenagers. I was in my early 20s, so I wasn't at the point yet where teenagers drove me insane. My husband and I had been appointed to babysit the youth group during that time in our lives, and it struck me as funny since they were the same age as my youngest brother. They were good kids and liked to have a fun time as teenagers always do. As I'm sipping on my drink talking with them, one of them looks at me and says, "You were popular in high school, weren't you?" I almost spewed Sprite on the girl. "What gave you that impression?" I exclaimed. "You just seem like you were popular," she said. I stared off into space and shuddered as I remembered the horrific days of public high school. I was the one who took my diploma and waved good-bye to high school forever never to return. If I could have gone through it all with a magic invisibility cloak like Harry Potter, I definitely w...