Skip to main content

Thursday, June 7, 2007

5am- Wake up because the sun is blasting through my window and my bladder is screaming at me.


7am- Act like I am waking up for the first time for the benefit of the husband who has to go to work. Laze in bed with oldest son making jokes.


7:30am- Run downstairs and put son's blue school shirt in the dryer since I forgot to do it last night because I was dead tired.


7:32am- Realize I am all out of bread and cereal for breakfast.


7:45am- Go to turn fan off in boys' bedroom. Notice about 10 little nails hammered into their wall.


8:10am- Run out the door into the 26 mph winds to the van and throw the kids in as fast as you can all the while listening to the puppy yelp.


8:30am- Rummage in the fridge that needs to be cleaned for biscuits to throw in the oven for breakfast.


9:40am- Run out the door for the 5-year well-visit for Justin that I am not looking forward to.


10am- Finally get into the exam room to find out my whole trip to the doctor's was a waste of time.


10:02am- Bawl my eyes out in front of total strangers because of absolute frustration over shot records that are STILL in New Jersey.


10:05am- Get out of doctor's office as fast as I can while herding my kids out the door knowing that everyone can see my red and puffy eyes.


10:30am- Call the pediatric office in New Jersey. "What?! What do you mean you won't fax them?" Leave a message with the nutcase who handles the records who, by the way, won't be in tomorrow.

10:32am- Getting off the phone and remembering another phone call to my midwife's office a couple days ago. Two times this week I have talked to rude receptionists. A plague on them all!

10:34am- Praying that all doctor's offices of all kinds would be devastated by one of the ten plagues of Egypt. I particularly like the boils one.

10:36am- Seriously considering changing to another doctor's office, but then realizing they are all alike. Depression sets in. During this depressing moment, hear a crash upstairs knowing that the pipsqueak has tried to get into something and a glass shatters as it hits the floor. Contemplate screaming for the heck of it.

10:40am- Urge to scream passes, but Caleb complains of his ears hurting from my yelling at the pipsqueak to get out of the kitchen.

10:41am- Wonder why the gate isn't working.

10:45am- Go upstairs to sweep up the glass only to be informed by Justin that the glass broke in the bathroom sink. Contemplate laughing hysterically.

12 noon- Hear Caleb crying pitifully. Ask what is wrong. Find out he banged his head on the wall because he wasn't looking where he was going.

12:10pm- Caleb asks what is that thing called when your head explodes. Ponder what he means till I remember a conversation a few days ago. "Oh, do you mean an aneurism?" He said, "Yeah, my head felt like I was having an aneurism when it hit the wall."

2:50pm- Inform boys it's time to pick up their oldest brother only to find a unidentified substance on the kitchen floor and guilty faces.

3:15pm- Put pipsqueak in bed hoping he would go back to sleep from his power nap in the van.

3:30pm- Wishful thinking.

4:30pm- Totally forgot I left my drinking glass in the family room. Two-year-old gets a hold of it and asks for a drink of water. He follows me down the basement stairs and in a fit of pique throws the glass. Glass shatters on the stairs.

5:45pm- Come to grips with the fact that there is nothing to make for dinner. Start making out grocery list.

6pm- Husband arrives home. He barely got out, "Where's dinner?" when he noticed blood on Aidan's face and hands. He immediately thinks of the newly cleaned carpet. He picks up child and deposits him upstairs for bathtime.

6:05pm- Tell Caleb to make sure no more glass is on the stairs.

7:30pm- Take relaxing bubble bath.

8:30pm- Cuddle with Aidan till we both fall asleep.

Comments

striving... said…
I think that day is qualified for a small "Oy Vay." Is Aidan alright. Leave it to the little one to find the last pieces of glass. What a day what a day. I feel for you!! I hope today has been better.
menonita said…
hi really a good blog i like your writings and pics.:) if u want to look another one it is
http://www.terrakki.net/
byes
Hidden One said…
All of a sudden, exams don't seem quite so bad.

Popular posts from this blog

Dignified Woman

They instructed me to make sure I have a full bladder on arriving for my ultrasound. Ha. I almost laughed in their faces. Pregnant me plus a full bladder equals a disaster. On my son's birthday back in March, I had to drive all the kids home afterward. I had drunk a lot of water and couldn't believe I had forgotten what happens to me when I drink too much water with no bathroom nearby when I'm pregnant. I counted the minutes till I got home all the while breaking the law and speeding trying to keep in mind not to drive too recklessly screaming at the poky people in front of me. It brought to mind the very first time I experienced a full bladder as a pregnant woman. It was my first baby and my husband was in the Air Force. So, when we had an ultrasound we went to the Academy in Colorado Springs. They told me to drink an astronomical amount of water before I came. I did so and then we started out for the half hour drive to the hospital. By the time we were on the

The Top 20 Clean Romance Movies Of All Time

I'm really picky when it comes to romantic movies. I prefer them clean and it's really hard to find those kind of romance movies these days. Nowadays, romantic movies are chock full of butts, boobs, and beds. Just sayin'. I was bored one day and decided to google the top romance movies of all time. You have got to be kidding me. One list had Brokeback Mountain on it. Pulease. I was, in fact, so disgusted by all of the lists that I came across that I decided to make my own. I decided to call it The Top 16 Clean Romance Movies of All Time, well, because I couldn't think of anymore to make it an even top 20. Now, my list might be different from most people. I said I was picky. First, I don't like b***** women. That scratches out a whole pile of popular movies. One of them being Gone With The Wind. Does anyone besides me want to smack that woman? Second, I don't like it when the couple end up in bed together. Uh, I don't really need to know, thankyouverymuch. Th

Candy Stash

As I bite into a luscious Reese's peanut butter cup, I have one thought in my mind. Thank you, Lord, that none of my children have food allergies. Otherwise, I would not be able to steal some of the candy bars from their Halloween candy stash. I would normally consider myself a meat and potatoes kind of gal. I would rather eat roast and mashed potatoes than candy any day. There comes a time, though, in every woman's life when eating chocolate becomes a must. Yesterday, I grabbed the pumpkin full of candy, locked the bathroom door, filled the tub with hot water, and luxuriated in a chocolate fest. It had to be done. May I say that Snickers is the best candy bar ever? Of course, Reese's comes in a very close second. Peanut butter and chocolate were made for each other. I was a bit disappointed to see no Butterfinger bars at all. What's up with that? Aidan probably noticed the less than full pumpkin because he brought me an empty one and told me that we need