Skip to main content

Heebie-Jeebies

It was a Saturday and my brother wanted to take the boys to Chuck E. Cheese's. Now, it's never a good idea to take my boys there for a very good reason. They get sick. Not just a little sniffle followed by a cute little cough. No. We're talking running to the bathroom in order to get to the toilet in time to puke their guts out. Of course, it never goes straight into the toilet all neat and tidy. It splashes all over the dang thing, all over the walls around it, on the floor, and on the sink. This can also be followed by diarrhea. When you have a kid that normally waits till the last minute and has to run to the bathroom to make it get diarrhea, it's not a pretty sight. My husband gets a major case of the heebie-jeebies when this happens. He is usually armed to the teeth with antibacterial lotion and air freshener. I swear he would wear gloves and a face mask around the house if he thought he could get away with it. Well, I warned my brother that if he took them to Chuck's place, we were going to have a sick house, but he didn't believe me and begged to take them. So, we all trooped to the fun place and you can bet I was armed with antibacterial lotion. The next day was Sunday and we all piled into the van to go to church. My brother insisted that he be the one to sit between two boys in the back seat. After church was over, I asked my husband to stop at the hospital so that I could visit with a friend of mine and see her new baby. We were looking for a place to park when we heard the worst sound you'll ever hear in an enclosed space. Aidan was puking all over himself and his car seat......with Unca Gug sitting right smack up against him. At the time, I was horrified, but now, I'm laughing my head off. We found a parking space and I got out to assess the damage. All I had were wipies and I used the entire box. I did my best to clean him up all the while apologizing profusely to my brother and trying to comfort Aidan. We immediately started for home and had to endure the smell of vomit for the entire hour trip home. During the week, one right after the other got sick. You can bet wild horses couldn't drag us to that place again. I think Unca Gug learned a valuable lesson that day due to a major case of the heebie-jeebies.

Comments

Andrea said…
Dee,
I had just enjoyed an evening at Chuck E's the other night with the kids. I came home that evening and read your post, dread and anxiety increasing until I finished. Thanks for that. ;-)
Dee said…
Oh, how funny! You could be safe, though. We are probably just jinxed or something.

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 20 Clean Romance Movies Of All Time

I'm really picky when it comes to romantic movies. I prefer them clean and it's really hard to find those kind of romance movies these days. Nowadays, romantic movies are chock full of butts, boobs, and beds. Just sayin'. I was bored one day and decided to google the top romance movies of all time. You have got to be kidding me. One list had Brokeback Mountain on it. Pulease. I was, in fact, so disgusted by all of the lists that I came across that I decided to make my own. I decided to call it The Top 16 Clean Romance Movies of All Time, well, because I couldn't think of anymore to make it an even top 20. Now, my list might be different from most people. I said I was picky. First, I don't like b***** women. That scratches out a whole pile of popular movies. One of them being Gone With The Wind. Does anyone besides me want to smack that woman? Second, I don't like it when the couple end up in bed together. Uh, I don't really need to know, thankyouverymuch. Th...

Pregnant vs. Just Plain Fat

Saturday, I had the opportunity to go to a Pampered Chef party at a friend's house. I was feeling particularly bubbly that day and it must have showed. As everyone tells me to say hi to my boys for them, the consultant asks, "How many boys do you have?" I said, "Four," and she asked, "And one on the way?" I gave her a blank stare. How in the world did she guess? I am only about a month along. As everyone congratulates me, I am still in shock. I hadn't planned on anyone knowing for at least two more months. As I'm driving home, I realize that it could have gone badly. What if I hadn't been pregnant? That led to more thinking and here's how it went: Those of you who don't even start showing until your fourth month- I hate you. Those of you who don't get the kind of morning sickness that lasts all day every day for four months- I hate you. Those of you who don't go through a nightmare of pain without medication during labor- I ...

"It's On My List"

In the Veggie Tales movie, Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, Larry the Cucumber's character is afraid of everything. He even has a list of things he will have nothing to do with because they scare him too much. If he came across something he was afraid of, Larry would say, "It's on my list." The boys watched this movie to death before we returned it. One night, I told Sleepy to go up to his room and change his shirt. We were going to the swimming pool for lessons and I wasn't about to let him go out in public with peanut butter all over himself. He complained that it was too dark upstairs. Now, you might wonder why he didn't just turn on the light. Well, Mommy Dearest has yet to replace the lighbulbs in the ceiling light, but that would require too much effort. I would have to go into the garage, find the ladder, find the lightbulbs, and trudge everything up the stairs and set to work. For something like that, I would need to do a breathing technique I ...