Skip to main content

Little Potty-Mouth

Our little Justin has a way of saying his s's that has us laughing our heads off. Sometimes it comes out "sh". So, you can imagine what happens when he wants to say "sit". It'll go like this: "Mom, can I s*it on your lap?" and his daddy will say, "I hope not, kid." Or, "Aidan, you have to s*it in this chair," and again his daddy will say, "I hope not." I don't notice it all the time, but when I do it just cracks me up.

A few years ago, my husband got a kick out of calling our dog what she is- a b****. He probably liked getting a reaction from me which was always a gasp and something like, "Stop saying that! The kids are going to start saying it, too!" His comeback was always, "Well, that's what she is!" So logical. Until Nathanael started saying it, too. One day, I asked Nat to put Leigh in the garage. He opened the door and said, "Get in there, you b****!" I slowly turned to look at my husband with an "I'm going to kill you!" look. His father had a talk with him and I haven't heard it come out of his mouth again.

Caleb picked up on another word and I won't say from who. He saw something on TV one time and asked, "What the h*** is that?" His daddy looked at me with suspicion and said, "He didn't learn that from me." He took him aside and now Caleb says the substitute "heck".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 20 Clean Romance Movies Of All Time

I'm really picky when it comes to romantic movies. I prefer them clean and it's really hard to find those kind of romance movies these days. Nowadays, romantic movies are chock full of butts, boobs, and beds. Just sayin'. I was bored one day and decided to google the top romance movies of all time. You have got to be kidding me. One list had Brokeback Mountain on it. Pulease. I was, in fact, so disgusted by all of the lists that I came across that I decided to make my own. I decided to call it The Top 16 Clean Romance Movies of All Time, well, because I couldn't think of anymore to make it an even top 20. Now, my list might be different from most people. I said I was picky. First, I don't like b***** women. That scratches out a whole pile of popular movies. One of them being Gone With The Wind. Does anyone besides me want to smack that woman? Second, I don't like it when the couple end up in bed together. Uh, I don't really need to know, thankyouverymuch. Th...

Pregnant vs. Just Plain Fat

Saturday, I had the opportunity to go to a Pampered Chef party at a friend's house. I was feeling particularly bubbly that day and it must have showed. As everyone tells me to say hi to my boys for them, the consultant asks, "How many boys do you have?" I said, "Four," and she asked, "And one on the way?" I gave her a blank stare. How in the world did she guess? I am only about a month along. As everyone congratulates me, I am still in shock. I hadn't planned on anyone knowing for at least two more months. As I'm driving home, I realize that it could have gone badly. What if I hadn't been pregnant? That led to more thinking and here's how it went: Those of you who don't even start showing until your fourth month- I hate you. Those of you who don't get the kind of morning sickness that lasts all day every day for four months- I hate you. Those of you who don't go through a nightmare of pain without medication during labor- I ...

Homecoming Queen

I was sitting in a McDonald's sipping on my drink surrounded by teenagers. I was in my early 20s, so I wasn't at the point yet where teenagers drove me insane. My husband and I had been appointed to babysit the youth group during that time in our lives, and it struck me as funny since they were the same age as my youngest brother. They were good kids and liked to have a fun time as teenagers always do. As I'm sipping on my drink talking with them, one of them looks at me and says, "You were popular in high school, weren't you?" I almost spewed Sprite on the girl. "What gave you that impression?" I exclaimed. "You just seem like you were popular," she said. I stared off into space and shuddered as I remembered the horrific days of public high school. I was the one who took my diploma and waved good-bye to high school forever never to return. If I could have gone through it all with a magic invisibility cloak like Harry Potter, I definitely w...