Skip to main content

The Wicked Witch

I had watched Bill Cosby: Himself lately and found it to be hilarious. I would scream in laughter sometimes because his kids sounded just like mine. He called them "brain damaged people". I have often wondered if all of my children's marbles are there. I have to tell them the most obvious things all the time. Things like- wash your body or you will stink, brush all of the teeth in your mouth or you will get cavities, eat your food or you will be hungry, don't be loud or the baby will wake up, dry yourself off with a towel when you get out of the bathtub, put your clothes on or you will be cold, put away your Nintendo games or they will get scratched and unusable (that's a big one), etc. The list goes on and on. With school it gets a little more frustrating. I often have to tell them to put their books away or they will be wasting time looking for them the next day. They will also have to hear the angry shrieks of their mother in their ears while they look for them as well. Case in point- Bashful and Grumpy had both lost a book they needed for the day. I was doing my usual yelling at them for not being responsible. My yelling is not a sweet, cream-filled princess voice. It's ground up from the bowels of my stomach and comes out sounding like a wicked witch. Well, the wicked witch was yelling at them to find their books and stop scratching their games and then turned to sweet talk the baby sitting on her lap. At the immediate change in my voice, Grumpy jerked his head up. I'm not quite sure what he was thinking, but I have a good idea. He will probably talk about how his mother has "issues" for the rest of his life.

Comments

striving... said…
I had an episode like that just yesterday. hee, hee. It happens to the best of us.

Popular posts from this blog

Dignified Woman

They instructed me to make sure I have a full bladder on arriving for my ultrasound. Ha. I almost laughed in their faces. Pregnant me plus a full bladder equals a disaster. On my son's birthday back in March, I had to drive all the kids home afterward. I had drunk a lot of water and couldn't believe I had forgotten what happens to me when I drink too much water with no bathroom nearby when I'm pregnant. I counted the minutes till I got home all the while breaking the law and speeding trying to keep in mind not to drive too recklessly screaming at the poky people in front of me. It brought to mind the very first time I experienced a full bladder as a pregnant woman. It was my first baby and my husband was in the Air Force. So, when we had an ultrasound we went to the Academy in Colorado Springs. They told me to drink an astronomical amount of water before I came. I did so and then we started out for the half hour drive to the hospital. By the time we were on the

The Top 20 Clean Romance Movies Of All Time

I'm really picky when it comes to romantic movies. I prefer them clean and it's really hard to find those kind of romance movies these days. Nowadays, romantic movies are chock full of butts, boobs, and beds. Just sayin'. I was bored one day and decided to google the top romance movies of all time. You have got to be kidding me. One list had Brokeback Mountain on it. Pulease. I was, in fact, so disgusted by all of the lists that I came across that I decided to make my own. I decided to call it The Top 16 Clean Romance Movies of All Time, well, because I couldn't think of anymore to make it an even top 20. Now, my list might be different from most people. I said I was picky. First, I don't like b***** women. That scratches out a whole pile of popular movies. One of them being Gone With The Wind. Does anyone besides me want to smack that woman? Second, I don't like it when the couple end up in bed together. Uh, I don't really need to know, thankyouverymuch. Th

Candy Stash

As I bite into a luscious Reese's peanut butter cup, I have one thought in my mind. Thank you, Lord, that none of my children have food allergies. Otherwise, I would not be able to steal some of the candy bars from their Halloween candy stash. I would normally consider myself a meat and potatoes kind of gal. I would rather eat roast and mashed potatoes than candy any day. There comes a time, though, in every woman's life when eating chocolate becomes a must. Yesterday, I grabbed the pumpkin full of candy, locked the bathroom door, filled the tub with hot water, and luxuriated in a chocolate fest. It had to be done. May I say that Snickers is the best candy bar ever? Of course, Reese's comes in a very close second. Peanut butter and chocolate were made for each other. I was a bit disappointed to see no Butterfinger bars at all. What's up with that? Aidan probably noticed the less than full pumpkin because he brought me an empty one and told me that we need