Skip to main content

Painting Problems

Today is my Happy's third birthday and he is very excited about his cupcake cake and pinata. Happy was my "easiest" labor and delivery and was born in a little kiddie swimming pool in one of our bedrooms. Of course, he has not been the easiest child to keep out of trouble. He goes looking for it like our own little Curious George. Whenever he sees something new, his eyes brighten with curiosity and his brain churns to know how it works. When he yells, "Whas dat?", our immediate reply to him is, "Not yours!" He has had many adventures in the past year and to celebrate I will post my favorite story about him which also happens to be my first post for my blog. This post was also written before I became pregnant with Sneezy. Happy birthday, sweetie! Mommy loves you!


My youngest son, Happy, is going to be two years old in just a couple weeks and not a cuter cherub in all the world. Big, blue eyes, long, curly lashes, and the wildest mop of blond hair you've ever seen. His favorite things to do are cuddling with mommy, reading books, and getting into trouble. Just last week, I made the wonderful and wise decision to paint my hallway a dark sage green. I was so excited and full of plans on how to accomplish this great feat on my own without any problems. Of course, this kind of thing NEVER goes off without a hitch. I can always count on my youngest to make it a little more difficult for me. The first day of painting, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. I got the first coat of paint on the wall all the while feeding, clothing, teaching, cleaning, etc., and only getting paint on myself. I sit on the stool in my kitchen looking up at this beautiful, rich dark color on my wall giggling like a little girl. Later in the evening, I finally decide that maybe I should put up the painting equipment even though I knew that I had a gate put up so that no one could get into the hallway and thus, into the paint. Well, I knew that had been too easy. I go to pick up the drop cloth and underneath it I find smears of my beautiful, dark paint on my year old berber carpet. You could hear the oxygen going down into my lungs as I take a deep breath of air to scream, "Noooooooooo!" of course ending in a wail. Earlier in the day, I put Happy down for a nap not thinking, that duh, I should put away the paint BEFORE HE WAKES UP. Did I learn my lesson? We'll see. By the way, that Dirt Devil spot cleaner is a miracle worker. You can hardly even tell that there used to be smears of dark paint on the carpet. Ha. The next day, I get the second coat of paint on with just a little more trepidation than the day before. I decided to put the paint stuff in my bedroom and keep the door shut. Well, Happy has recently discovered how to open doors. He then proceeded to do what he saw his mommy doing. Paint the bedroom wall.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh Dee! I can't wait to see it! At least the carpet didn't need to be replaced...again!
Andrea said…
You are a better woman than I. I haven't attempted the many painting projects overdue at my house because I can't face defending my painting space from little ones. I have to admit, your story has justified in my mind not painting until the kids are maybe out of the home. Great story.
striving... said…
I do not know about not doing any of it until my kids are out of the house, But I will certainly pay super great attention when I ever get the chance to do mine. At least the 2nd time was on the wall. Wow.

Popular posts from this blog

Dignified Woman

They instructed me to make sure I have a full bladder on arriving for my ultrasound. Ha. I almost laughed in their faces. Pregnant me plus a full bladder equals a disaster. On my son's birthday back in March, I had to drive all the kids home afterward. I had drunk a lot of water and couldn't believe I had forgotten what happens to me when I drink too much water with no bathroom nearby when I'm pregnant. I counted the minutes till I got home all the while breaking the law and speeding trying to keep in mind not to drive too recklessly screaming at the poky people in front of me. It brought to mind the very first time I experienced a full bladder as a pregnant woman. It was my first baby and my husband was in the Air Force. So, when we had an ultrasound we went to the Academy in Colorado Springs. They told me to drink an astronomical amount of water before I came. I did so and then we started out for the half hour drive to the hospital. By the time we were on the

The Top 20 Clean Romance Movies Of All Time

I'm really picky when it comes to romantic movies. I prefer them clean and it's really hard to find those kind of romance movies these days. Nowadays, romantic movies are chock full of butts, boobs, and beds. Just sayin'. I was bored one day and decided to google the top romance movies of all time. You have got to be kidding me. One list had Brokeback Mountain on it. Pulease. I was, in fact, so disgusted by all of the lists that I came across that I decided to make my own. I decided to call it The Top 16 Clean Romance Movies of All Time, well, because I couldn't think of anymore to make it an even top 20. Now, my list might be different from most people. I said I was picky. First, I don't like b***** women. That scratches out a whole pile of popular movies. One of them being Gone With The Wind. Does anyone besides me want to smack that woman? Second, I don't like it when the couple end up in bed together. Uh, I don't really need to know, thankyouverymuch. Th

To Date or Not To Date

Doc and I have actually been tweeking with the idea of going on a date. I know. Totally weird. Not the idea of doing something romantic. It's the idea that we actually might have the guts to dump our offspring on some unsuspecting person. This has always been a hard decision for us to make. I mean, we do watch the news and let's face it, we're paranoid. That's probably why we haven't been on a real date that didn't include scarfing down our food as fast as we can and running back home to see if it's still standing and no one is bleeding. Just the other day, I asked Doc, "So, are we going out for Chinese tonight?" I was crossing my fingers mentally, chewing on my lip. I so wanted to be irresponsible. We haven't been on a date in forever and I was craving Chinese like crazy. I suggested that our 13-year-old son get a chance to hold down the fort for a couple hours. I even turned on my sexy voice and said, "We'll have our cell phone with