Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vacuum Surgery

One of the banes of my life are vacuums.

I don't even know if I'm spelling it correctly half the time. I hate the dang things, and they even go out of their way to be hard to spell. I even had to google it to make sure.

I know I speak of them as if they are more than inanimate objects, but I really think they have their own personality.

They love to make it hard on me. Personally, I think they are all hypochondriacs. I have to be very careful with them or wham! They are refusing to work for me unless I get out the band-aids.

Every few years, we have to buy a new vacuum.....and the good ones don't come cheap, either.

In my house, we need a really good vacuum I can trust because this is no run-of-the-mill carpet we are talking about.

It's the kind that has boys, dogs, cats, and clumsy adults using it.

Our last vacuum bit the dust a few days ago after only a few years of use. The last few weeks of its life I had to have Sleepy or Happy sit on it in order to produce enough suction.

After much groaning and high-pitched whining, it started to give out with outright screaming. Knowing something was very wrong, I decided to start taking it apart to see what's what.

I called Doc in because two heads are better than one, and I needed him to see the definite proof that we will have to get a new vacuum.

My strategy proved better than I thought since pieces of broken metal starting falling away during surgery.

My reaction was shock even though I'm surprised I felt any. The boys' faces looked as if they were saying, "Uh, I don't think it's supposed to look like that."

My conclusion as well, my dear Watsons.

2 comments:

Cody said...

Hi, Dee! Just wanna tell you that we have the same situation. I, too, have very young boys who like spilling food, and I have dogs with muddy paws who like to run around the house. Even with a good quality vacuum, it's still very difficult to keep the carpet clean! Stains and awful smell are often not removed so I constantly need to hire certified Orange County carpet cleaners. I personally believe that for families with young children and pets, it's necessary to keep the carpet free from germs and toxins, making it important to get some professional carpet cleaning. Orange County, CA residents are lucky to have the service of licensed carpet cleaners!

ekhtsasy said...



شركة ركن نجد لتنظيف الخزانات بجدة والتي تسعي لأن تكون افضل شركة تنظيف خزانات لكافة احياء مدينة جدة حيث نقدم خدمات تنظيف الخزانات للفلل و العمائر السكنية والشركات مع تقديم خدمات التعقيم والتطهير لأرضيات وجوانب الخزانات كما تقدم في شركة ركن نجد أفضل خدمات شركة تنظيف بجدة
تنظيف خزانات بجدة - شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
تنظيف خزانات بجدة