Skip to main content

Painting Problems- Part 2

Well, the time has come to reveal the end result of my latest painting project.

Last year, I had decided to paint my bedroom and the hallway a rich, dark green. That works out if you are going to live there forever, but since we are going to have to sell our house, the walls have to be a neutral color in order to sell it.

So. Thus began the torture.

For an entire week, I painted. By the end of the week, I still had paint in my hair. Every day, I had to scrub the paint off my hands, arms, and even my feet. I dreamed about painting. I breathed it till I was high as the clouds, and my arms felt like they were going to fall off when everything was finally done.

I was exhausted......but there was still more left to do.

If you've read my post from last year's painting experience, you know that we have a little imp. As much planning as I could do, I tend to get just a little bit distracted while painting.

I was tired and trying to get the boys' bedroom done. The sun was going down and dinner had not yet been put on the table. Finally, though, I finished the last bit of wall and breathed a paint-filled sigh of relief.

I was done.

I would have done a jig right there, but I didn't have the strength and I didn't want to ruin my paint job by spilling over the can of paint.

I went downstairs to start dinner and feed the baby. Happy comes into the living room to greet me after my self-inflicted time apart from him and I noticed something that made my heart drop down to my stomach.

He had a white substance on various parts of his body and in his hair.

After a week of seeing that white substance on the wall and also on various parts of my own body, I knew exactly what it was.

"Boys! Get up and look around the house for the paint job that Happy just did," I wearily sigh. I noticed the bathroom door was open. I was dumbfounded because I swore to myself that I thought I had locked it since all of the painting supplies were in there. I knew that if it wasn't locked Happy would be in there in seconds having the time of his life.

Well, it was unlocked so I went to investigate. I looked around the door and there on the wall was a Happy-sized coat of primer on the bathroom wall.

I took a gasping gulp of air and just stood there with my hand to my mouth. Bashful was standing in the doorway and when he saw my reaction, he slowly began to back up. I plopped the baby in his arms and said, "Take care of Sneezy."

Marching back down the stairs, Happy noticed his mommy's stormy expression and began backing away with a scared look on his face. I got the bucket and soap and began scrubbing the wall. Eventually, the primer came out and there was no permanent damage to the wall, but I think there may be some damage to my brain and I am going to have to take some time off from logical reasoning for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dignified Woman

They instructed me to make sure I have a full bladder on arriving for my ultrasound. Ha. I almost laughed in their faces. Pregnant me plus a full bladder equals a disaster. On my son's birthday back in March, I had to drive all the kids home afterward. I had drunk a lot of water and couldn't believe I had forgotten what happens to me when I drink too much water with no bathroom nearby when I'm pregnant. I counted the minutes till I got home all the while breaking the law and speeding trying to keep in mind not to drive too recklessly screaming at the poky people in front of me. It brought to mind the very first time I experienced a full bladder as a pregnant woman. It was my first baby and my husband was in the Air Force. So, when we had an ultrasound we went to the Academy in Colorado Springs. They told me to drink an astronomical amount of water before I came. I did so and then we started out for the half hour drive to the hospital. By the time we were on the

The Top 20 Clean Romance Movies Of All Time

I'm really picky when it comes to romantic movies. I prefer them clean and it's really hard to find those kind of romance movies these days. Nowadays, romantic movies are chock full of butts, boobs, and beds. Just sayin'. I was bored one day and decided to google the top romance movies of all time. You have got to be kidding me. One list had Brokeback Mountain on it. Pulease. I was, in fact, so disgusted by all of the lists that I came across that I decided to make my own. I decided to call it The Top 16 Clean Romance Movies of All Time, well, because I couldn't think of anymore to make it an even top 20. Now, my list might be different from most people. I said I was picky. First, I don't like b***** women. That scratches out a whole pile of popular movies. One of them being Gone With The Wind. Does anyone besides me want to smack that woman? Second, I don't like it when the couple end up in bed together. Uh, I don't really need to know, thankyouverymuch. Th

Candy Stash

As I bite into a luscious Reese's peanut butter cup, I have one thought in my mind. Thank you, Lord, that none of my children have food allergies. Otherwise, I would not be able to steal some of the candy bars from their Halloween candy stash. I would normally consider myself a meat and potatoes kind of gal. I would rather eat roast and mashed potatoes than candy any day. There comes a time, though, in every woman's life when eating chocolate becomes a must. Yesterday, I grabbed the pumpkin full of candy, locked the bathroom door, filled the tub with hot water, and luxuriated in a chocolate fest. It had to be done. May I say that Snickers is the best candy bar ever? Of course, Reese's comes in a very close second. Peanut butter and chocolate were made for each other. I was a bit disappointed to see no Butterfinger bars at all. What's up with that? Aidan probably noticed the less than full pumpkin because he brought me an empty one and told me that we need