Skip to main content

Hair

Today, I have endeavoured to cut Sleepy's hair.

Doc and I got tired of astronomical fees we rack up for six men's hair cuts every two months, so he decided to get a haircut kit.

He ended up buzzing his hair.

It looks really nice, but his sons all had the same expression on their faces when they saw their father's new haircut.

It was something like, "Why in the world would you do that to yourself?"

This morning, Sleepy's hair was driving me crazy, so I marched him upstairs to my bathroom. I grabbed the scissors and the razor and set to work.

I asked, "Sleepy? Would you like your hair buzzed like Daddy's?"

He replied, "No. People will look at me and freak out."

"I'm just not sure I can do this, honey. Mommy's not a professional, you know."

"I'm going to Bella's house soon. She will look at me and not know who I am. She will wonder where Sleepy is."

His hair turned out alright. He is still recognizable. I'm sure I'll be better at it the more I practice. Shoot. I've got three other boys to go and then I'll have to do it all over again very soon.

Doc was lamenting his receding hairline as usual while I was fussing over Sleepy's hair.

He remembered a prayer he had when he was a boy.

"Dear God,
Please don't let me go bald until I'm AT LEAST 30!"

I think God is starting to answer that prayer.

Comments

Unknown said…
We just buzzed all their hair off when they were little. Then, when they got old enough to care the Lord sent us a stylist who needed child care every day after school. So..we traded. He went to our school so that worked for many years.
Anonymous said…
how cute is that, all worried about Bella. I guess I should be thankful I have girls. They are supposed to have long hair. good thing I guess.

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 20 Clean Romance Movies Of All Time

I'm really picky when it comes to romantic movies. I prefer them clean and it's really hard to find those kind of romance movies these days. Nowadays, romantic movies are chock full of butts, boobs, and beds. Just sayin'. I was bored one day and decided to google the top romance movies of all time. You have got to be kidding me. One list had Brokeback Mountain on it. Pulease. I was, in fact, so disgusted by all of the lists that I came across that I decided to make my own. I decided to call it The Top 16 Clean Romance Movies of All Time, well, because I couldn't think of anymore to make it an even top 20. Now, my list might be different from most people. I said I was picky. First, I don't like b***** women. That scratches out a whole pile of popular movies. One of them being Gone With The Wind. Does anyone besides me want to smack that woman? Second, I don't like it when the couple end up in bed together. Uh, I don't really need to know, thankyouverymuch. Th...

Pregnant vs. Just Plain Fat

Saturday, I had the opportunity to go to a Pampered Chef party at a friend's house. I was feeling particularly bubbly that day and it must have showed. As everyone tells me to say hi to my boys for them, the consultant asks, "How many boys do you have?" I said, "Four," and she asked, "And one on the way?" I gave her a blank stare. How in the world did she guess? I am only about a month along. As everyone congratulates me, I am still in shock. I hadn't planned on anyone knowing for at least two more months. As I'm driving home, I realize that it could have gone badly. What if I hadn't been pregnant? That led to more thinking and here's how it went: Those of you who don't even start showing until your fourth month- I hate you. Those of you who don't get the kind of morning sickness that lasts all day every day for four months- I hate you. Those of you who don't go through a nightmare of pain without medication during labor- I ...

Homecoming Queen

I was sitting in a McDonald's sipping on my drink surrounded by teenagers. I was in my early 20s, so I wasn't at the point yet where teenagers drove me insane. My husband and I had been appointed to babysit the youth group during that time in our lives, and it struck me as funny since they were the same age as my youngest brother. They were good kids and liked to have a fun time as teenagers always do. As I'm sipping on my drink talking with them, one of them looks at me and says, "You were popular in high school, weren't you?" I almost spewed Sprite on the girl. "What gave you that impression?" I exclaimed. "You just seem like you were popular," she said. I stared off into space and shuddered as I remembered the horrific days of public high school. I was the one who took my diploma and waved good-bye to high school forever never to return. If I could have gone through it all with a magic invisibility cloak like Harry Potter, I definitely w...