Skip to main content

Clutzy Paranoia

I am not the most graceful of women. In fact, I am quite the clutz. When I was around 16, I had decided to take my mother out for lunch. It was near Mother's Day and I wanted to treat her. We both decided to go for the salad and pasta bar, and I was happy with my pasta and marinara sauce.


That day, I was wearing a silk, white blouse. As I leaned forward to converse with my mom, I had no inkling of what was happening. I leaned back at one point and we both realized that I had covered my blouse with marinara sauce. It is an inside joke that the women in my family cannot eat a meal without wearing part of it.


That was just one of many clutzy mishaps, but I thought I would outgrow the tendency to fall on my face. No such luck. I am the one in this household who breaks the drinking glasses and falls down the stairs along with the many cuts and bruises that go along with that.


Today was just such a day and it's not even noon yet. Now, I can't say that my clutziness is always due to happenstance. It is also due to stupidity in some cases.


I have an old blender. I need this blender in order to puree carrots to feed the baby. My blender is like an old stubborn woman who doesn't want to move. I put the chopped carrots that were already soft and pushed the puree button. The grinding and no pureeing indicated to me that I would probably have to help it along.


I got a plastic spoon and tried to gently push the carrots down to get them moving. With the blender on. Therefore, I ended up with pureed carrots in my eyes, all over my face, and all over the kitchen counter.


Happy had been sitting on a stool watching this whole process and when the carrots started flying, he covered his eyes with his hands. I chalked this up as a good lesson for the boy.


Just a little while later, I konked myself in the face with the phone. As I rub the spot above my eye, I ponder why these things happen to me.


My poor husband has never had this problem. He's never fallen down the stairs or broken a glass. I never see a cut or bruise on the man. The thing is, he's been married to me for 13 years now, and things change.


One day, he discovered toilet paper hanging out of his pants hours later after having visited the bathroom. He had been all over town with TP hanging out. Another day, when we went to a fast-food restaurant with the boys, Doc ended up with ketchup all over his church clothes. This is quite mind-boggling for me. When he looked at me with consternation on his face, I give him a sheepish smile and say, "I guess I'm rubbing off on you, honey."


It's enough to make the man paranoid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 20 Clean Romance Movies Of All Time

I'm really picky when it comes to romantic movies. I prefer them clean and it's really hard to find those kind of romance movies these days. Nowadays, romantic movies are chock full of butts, boobs, and beds. Just sayin'. I was bored one day and decided to google the top romance movies of all time. You have got to be kidding me. One list had Brokeback Mountain on it. Pulease. I was, in fact, so disgusted by all of the lists that I came across that I decided to make my own. I decided to call it The Top 16 Clean Romance Movies of All Time, well, because I couldn't think of anymore to make it an even top 20. Now, my list might be different from most people. I said I was picky. First, I don't like b***** women. That scratches out a whole pile of popular movies. One of them being Gone With The Wind. Does anyone besides me want to smack that woman? Second, I don't like it when the couple end up in bed together. Uh, I don't really need to know, thankyouverymuch. Th...

Pregnant vs. Just Plain Fat

Saturday, I had the opportunity to go to a Pampered Chef party at a friend's house. I was feeling particularly bubbly that day and it must have showed. As everyone tells me to say hi to my boys for them, the consultant asks, "How many boys do you have?" I said, "Four," and she asked, "And one on the way?" I gave her a blank stare. How in the world did she guess? I am only about a month along. As everyone congratulates me, I am still in shock. I hadn't planned on anyone knowing for at least two more months. As I'm driving home, I realize that it could have gone badly. What if I hadn't been pregnant? That led to more thinking and here's how it went: Those of you who don't even start showing until your fourth month- I hate you. Those of you who don't get the kind of morning sickness that lasts all day every day for four months- I hate you. Those of you who don't go through a nightmare of pain without medication during labor- I ...

Homecoming Queen

I was sitting in a McDonald's sipping on my drink surrounded by teenagers. I was in my early 20s, so I wasn't at the point yet where teenagers drove me insane. My husband and I had been appointed to babysit the youth group during that time in our lives, and it struck me as funny since they were the same age as my youngest brother. They were good kids and liked to have a fun time as teenagers always do. As I'm sipping on my drink talking with them, one of them looks at me and says, "You were popular in high school, weren't you?" I almost spewed Sprite on the girl. "What gave you that impression?" I exclaimed. "You just seem like you were popular," she said. I stared off into space and shuddered as I remembered the horrific days of public high school. I was the one who took my diploma and waved good-bye to high school forever never to return. If I could have gone through it all with a magic invisibility cloak like Harry Potter, I definitely w...