Skip to main content

Grumpy & Cleo

In this house, dog is certainly not a boy's best friend. It's a cat.

When we first got Cleopatra (can you tell that I'm the one who named her?), she hadn't decided who was going to be her best friend.

Grumpy, at that time, was being ousted from his bed by Happy. He had been bunking with Sleepy in the same room, but Happy wanted to be in the room with his "best brother", so Grumpy needed to switch rooms with Happy.

He didn't like this arrangement calling Happy's bed "stinky". I assured him the sheets and bedspread were clean, but he still didn't feel comfortable with this arrangement. Instead, he took his blanket and pillow and ended up on the couch in the living room.

He slept on the couch for two weeks. During this time, he made a new bed mate. Cleo started sleeping with him every night. I think it comforted her to have him down there and vice versa. When Grumpy had no choice but to move back upstairs in Happy's old bed (due to his mother's edict), Cleo followed him and has slept with him ever since.

Thus began a beautiful friendship.....until a strange thump was heard one morning coming from Grumpy's room followed by an affronted meow from Cleo.

Later that morning, Grumpy announced that Cleo "figured out how to bite". I stopped in the middle of making breakfast to look at him with concern. "Did Cleo bite you, Grumpy?!" I exclaimed worriedly. He didn't really want Cleo to get into trouble, so he said it was just a little bite that didn't hurt that much.

I narrowed my eyes and asked, "Why did she bite you, honey?" I was suspicious. Nothing is ever what it seems in this house.

"I was rubbing her belly and she bit me," he said quietly. "Oh, honey! I thought you knew that Cleo hates it when we rub her belly," I said. We had discovered this early on when her mouth would open and we saw her teeth descending onto our hands as we rubbed her stomach. We would snatch our hands away before teeth met skin, but poor Grumpy hasn't yet developed lightning quick reflexes.

I immediately put two and two together when I remembered the loud thump I heard earlier. "You shoved her off the bed when she bit you, huh?" I asked. I started to smile. Grumpy's answering smile was the answer to my question before he gave me a recap of what it was like even using sound effects and sweeping motions.

I chuckled softly to myself and finished breakfast. Cleo better watch herself from now on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 20 Clean Romance Movies Of All Time

I'm really picky when it comes to romantic movies. I prefer them clean and it's really hard to find those kind of romance movies these days. Nowadays, romantic movies are chock full of butts, boobs, and beds. Just sayin'. I was bored one day and decided to google the top romance movies of all time. You have got to be kidding me. One list had Brokeback Mountain on it. Pulease. I was, in fact, so disgusted by all of the lists that I came across that I decided to make my own. I decided to call it The Top 16 Clean Romance Movies of All Time, well, because I couldn't think of anymore to make it an even top 20. Now, my list might be different from most people. I said I was picky. First, I don't like b***** women. That scratches out a whole pile of popular movies. One of them being Gone With The Wind. Does anyone besides me want to smack that woman? Second, I don't like it when the couple end up in bed together. Uh, I don't really need to know, thankyouverymuch. Th...

Pregnant vs. Just Plain Fat

Saturday, I had the opportunity to go to a Pampered Chef party at a friend's house. I was feeling particularly bubbly that day and it must have showed. As everyone tells me to say hi to my boys for them, the consultant asks, "How many boys do you have?" I said, "Four," and she asked, "And one on the way?" I gave her a blank stare. How in the world did she guess? I am only about a month along. As everyone congratulates me, I am still in shock. I hadn't planned on anyone knowing for at least two more months. As I'm driving home, I realize that it could have gone badly. What if I hadn't been pregnant? That led to more thinking and here's how it went: Those of you who don't even start showing until your fourth month- I hate you. Those of you who don't get the kind of morning sickness that lasts all day every day for four months- I hate you. Those of you who don't go through a nightmare of pain without medication during labor- I ...

Homecoming Queen

I was sitting in a McDonald's sipping on my drink surrounded by teenagers. I was in my early 20s, so I wasn't at the point yet where teenagers drove me insane. My husband and I had been appointed to babysit the youth group during that time in our lives, and it struck me as funny since they were the same age as my youngest brother. They were good kids and liked to have a fun time as teenagers always do. As I'm sipping on my drink talking with them, one of them looks at me and says, "You were popular in high school, weren't you?" I almost spewed Sprite on the girl. "What gave you that impression?" I exclaimed. "You just seem like you were popular," she said. I stared off into space and shuddered as I remembered the horrific days of public high school. I was the one who took my diploma and waved good-bye to high school forever never to return. If I could have gone through it all with a magic invisibility cloak like Harry Potter, I definitely w...