Skip to main content

Aidan Adventures

Aidan looks just like the cherub on my sidebar with innocent expression and all. Of course, he is definitely cuter. He can be very sweet and empathetic as well. He loves to cuddle and kiss and be an all-around little angel. There is another side to Aidan, though. It seems as if he is an angel one minute and a devil the next. He has been a busy little bee this week. This week, after school was over, I come upstairs to find cereal spread out over the family room. Another day, I had stupidly left out some spices on the kitchen counter one of them being garlic powder. After school, I come upstairs to find a fine layer of garlic powder on the kitchen floor and the bottle no where to be seen. Later on in the week, I find the rest of the garlic powder in with the summer clothes that I had put in bins to be stored when the weather finally gets cold. As I'm picking out clothes for the boys to wear, I have to shake off garlic powder in the process. A couple days ago, I make a couple apple pies. Again, my absent-mindedness cost me when I left out the cinammon. My kitchen smelled all cinammony fresh with another fine layer of it on the floor. Yesterday afternoon, he comes to my side all cherry and happy while I am doing Phonics with Justin. I smell cinammon. I knew there was no cinammon left from the bottle which had been thrown away, so I knew he had disobeyed me. Threats from mommy do not phase this kid even though I am consistent. There were two apple pies sitting on the stove and he just couldn't stand the temptation anymore. There was an Aidan-sized hole in one of my pies. That night, we had applesauce as part of our dinner. I informed Caleb that he had to clear off the table which is his daily chore. Being the lazy one, it took some time for him to get it done. In the meantime, Aidan had taken handfuls of applesauce and splashed them on the floor and both upstairs and downstairs walls. Now, by this time, you are probably wondering why I haven't done something about this little terror in my house. Well, I will tell you that I have already tried the gate. Well, I'll say a cheap gate because I'm cheap. The kid is a football player because whenever I put up the gate he tears it down taking paint along with it. I know that if I want to keep my sanity in tact I will probably have to invest in the stronger but astronomically expensive gates and buy two so that I can stack them on top of each other and kind of make an impenetrable door. Oh, I have my ideas. So, if anyone is wondering why I have this weird, crazy look on my face all the time or why I keep stuttering in a dull fashion you'll know why.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 20 Clean Romance Movies Of All Time

I'm really picky when it comes to romantic movies. I prefer them clean and it's really hard to find those kind of romance movies these days. Nowadays, romantic movies are chock full of butts, boobs, and beds. Just sayin'. I was bored one day and decided to google the top romance movies of all time. You have got to be kidding me. One list had Brokeback Mountain on it. Pulease. I was, in fact, so disgusted by all of the lists that I came across that I decided to make my own. I decided to call it The Top 16 Clean Romance Movies of All Time, well, because I couldn't think of anymore to make it an even top 20. Now, my list might be different from most people. I said I was picky. First, I don't like b***** women. That scratches out a whole pile of popular movies. One of them being Gone With The Wind. Does anyone besides me want to smack that woman? Second, I don't like it when the couple end up in bed together. Uh, I don't really need to know, thankyouverymuch. Th...

Pregnant vs. Just Plain Fat

Saturday, I had the opportunity to go to a Pampered Chef party at a friend's house. I was feeling particularly bubbly that day and it must have showed. As everyone tells me to say hi to my boys for them, the consultant asks, "How many boys do you have?" I said, "Four," and she asked, "And one on the way?" I gave her a blank stare. How in the world did she guess? I am only about a month along. As everyone congratulates me, I am still in shock. I hadn't planned on anyone knowing for at least two more months. As I'm driving home, I realize that it could have gone badly. What if I hadn't been pregnant? That led to more thinking and here's how it went: Those of you who don't even start showing until your fourth month- I hate you. Those of you who don't get the kind of morning sickness that lasts all day every day for four months- I hate you. Those of you who don't go through a nightmare of pain without medication during labor- I ...

Homecoming Queen

I was sitting in a McDonald's sipping on my drink surrounded by teenagers. I was in my early 20s, so I wasn't at the point yet where teenagers drove me insane. My husband and I had been appointed to babysit the youth group during that time in our lives, and it struck me as funny since they were the same age as my youngest brother. They were good kids and liked to have a fun time as teenagers always do. As I'm sipping on my drink talking with them, one of them looks at me and says, "You were popular in high school, weren't you?" I almost spewed Sprite on the girl. "What gave you that impression?" I exclaimed. "You just seem like you were popular," she said. I stared off into space and shuddered as I remembered the horrific days of public high school. I was the one who took my diploma and waved good-bye to high school forever never to return. If I could have gone through it all with a magic invisibility cloak like Harry Potter, I definitely w...